[thelist] broken web page

Faust at LeeMarvin.com Faust at LeeMarvin.com
Fri Mar 1 10:06:56 CST 2002

On 1 Mar 2002 at 12:58, dn at dittodesign.co.uk wrote:

> Problem is I need to get this fixed in order to
> get paid before the end of the day.

How much do we get?

> Could any one with a minute to spare have
> a quick glance at this.

It will take more than a minute.

> www.dittodesign.co.uk/clients/odaban/error_scrnshot.jpg
>
> It's screenshot of www.odaban.com in IE6  [snip] Only IE6
> to on this one persons machine, very strange. Fine for me
> and others in NS 4.5, 4.7, 6.2, IE 5, 5.5 & 6.

No need for the screenshot, it looks the same on my computer.  So now
it is only two people's computers that are causing the problem.  :-)

> I'm sure the problem is to do with the spacer gif's used
> in the page but why. Is something disabled in the
> browser ?

Well, why don't you start with some sort of DTD, mark up the page
accordingly, and then validate it.  The HTML is a mess.  Until then, I
don't know where you should start.  You could get the bottle on the left
hand side to be at the bottom of the table by adding a  valign="bottom" to
the table cell, but really, cleaning up this mess is a lot to ask of the list.

HTH

Faust

"The way you choose to do something is as important as what you
choose to do."  -- Chuck Close