[thelist] Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 and World Wide Web

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 15:57:00 CST 2002

Hello Experts,
I have asked this question some time ago but got no satisfactory answer.
Therefore, I am asking it again. So, please don't mind.
I am in very beginning of learning Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.
I have created a simple but useful application (software) with Microsoft
Visual Basic 6.0. I want to put it on internet as freeware and for free
download. Now I am facing two problems.
1.    How to create a self extracting setup file for World Wide Web?
(Specially by using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Tools > Package &
Deployment Wizard)
2.    Above specified application uses a special font which is very rare
on other computer systems. My software is useless without
that font. How can I embed that special font in the application so that
when someone installs the software, the special font is also installed?
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/