[thelist] NN 4.x = ???

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Sat Mar 2 21:21:00 CST 2002

On 2 Mar 2002 at 18:19, Carlos Carter wrote:

> So then which of the versions of NN 4.x should be the tester in your
> opinion?  4.0?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carlos
>
> >You can get the older versions of netscape here:
> >http://home.netscape.com/download/archive.html?cp=dowarc

	I think you will probably be good to go with just the 4.7 version. All of
that series are excellent at telling you if your tables are well formed, they'll
break other wise. Most of the badness happens in older NN when you apply
margin and padding attributes via CSS. Fall back on the old fashioned tables
for that, and don't use CSS for positioning much, and older NN4.x will be
happy mostly. I've been told somewhere in the past that 4.7 was the
buggiest/pickiest version of the lot so went with that, but may stand to be
corrected.

HTH!

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services