[thelist] PHP and file uploads

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sat Mar 2 22:58:01 CST 2002

>But take a look on my client's server:
>
>http://216.194.83.93/enctype.php
>http://216.194.83.93/no_enctype.php
>
>I don't even get any error messages -- when the enctype attribute is set
>(in the <form> tag), nothing from the form gets posted.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?? Has anyone ever seen this before?

Hi Beau

At a guess, I'd say register_globals is off on the client's server.
Can you alter the programs so they use
$HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['size'] and $HTTP_POST_VARS['name']
instead of the global equivalents?

In any case, try dumping all the globals at the bottom of the scripts
so you can track down where those variables are disappearing to:

var_dump($GLOBALS);

A browser's view source will show the arrays in a readable format.

HTH
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg