[thelist] PHP and file uploads

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sat Mar 2 23:58:01 CST 2002

>  > At a guess, I'd say register_globals is off on the client's server.
>>  Can you alter the programs so they use
>>  $HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['size'] and $HTTP_POST_VARS['name']
>>  instead of the global equivalents?
>
>This is the first thing I tried -- the strange thing is that the form
>works just fine when there is no enctype="multipart/form-data"
>attribute. As soon as I include that, poof, all my variables disappear.

Hmm. Do you have control of the client's server? Their server is
running PHP version 4.06, perhaps the admins have disabled file
upload support to avoid the recently announced security problems with
pre-4.1.2 PHP and file upload handling.

There's no other sane explanation for why this isn't working. :-)

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg