[thelist] style sheets & 'adding' text...

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Mon Mar 4 13:52:01 CST 2002

i have been messing around with a personal site that i am going to use
to showcase my djing 'talent'.

what i want to do is add text to some other text. let me explain:

i have some text that displays the record label for a track. in one
style sheet, i want this to be surrounded by square brackets, so i ffrr
becomes [ffrr]. however, i don't want the text to be stored as ffrr, i
want (if possible) the style sheet to do this for me.

i haven't heard of this being possible, so i guess that i have this
theoretically wrong. i am trying to keep the content totally separate
from the design, because in another style sheet, i might not want the
square brackets there.

all comments welcome!

benji
inchima.com