[thelist] Flash MX article

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 4 18:25:00 CST 2002

>Yeah, and the fact that I couldn't resize their tiny, tiny text.

A much larger problem is that you can't get to the HTML version from
the Flash version as far as I can tell (and vice versa). Plus the
detection method won't let my Mac get to the Flash version even if I
want to go ... and the HTML version gives me beaucoups JS errors in
IE Mac.

Clearly, the site's #1 priority is not accessibility ... and I
support them 100% in the decision not to support my browser of choice
- you gotta draw the line somewhere ... and if I was pointed to the
site to make a reservation, I might go ahead and cast a "no" vote
with my pocketbook.

>Flash also captures keyboard events, so I can't close my
>window with ctrl-w when the page is displaying a flash element.  That
>annoys me.

Where's a movie that prevents you from closing your window with
ctrl-w? Would like to see.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/