[thelist] developer ethics?

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Tue Mar 5 00:36:01 CST 2002

David,
I think outside consultants are a great idea, especially if they will give
you feedback on your work.
I was a freelancer for quite some time and I would welcome any client to
take my code and show it to someone else for their opinion.
If anyone is not ok with that it is because they have something to hide.

If a client is not happy with my work I will do whatever it takes to fix it.
(to a certain point)
I have had clients that try to get away with a lot, and at certain times you
have to put your foot down.(usually with design)
That is why you always have a good contract that spells out everything
included in the scope of work.
If you go beyond that scope of work you start charging.

Thanks,
Brad Miller
brad at beldamar.com
www.beldamar.com