[thelist] Internet Explorer 5.5 verus Opera 6

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 05:10:00 CST 2002

Hi Erik,
Opera does not give any error but JS does not work as it should be (or
as it works in IE 5.5). Here I copy that part part of JS which is not
working in Opera 6:

if(cSide=="")
 {
 alert("Please choose a coin side.")
 return false
 }
if(k!=1)
 {
 k++
 imgNumb=Math.random()
 imgNumb=imgNumb*2
 imgNumb=Math.floor(imgNumb)
 rut.style.visibility="visible"
 document.images.tossresult.src=image[imgNumb]
// image is an array and imgNumb is a variable. Its value is 0 or 1
 document.images.tossresult.alt=alter[imgNumb]
// alter is also an array
 }
 else
 {
 if(navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape")!=-1)
  {
  alert("Toss has been done once.\nPlease RELOAD this page for repeating
the process of toss.")
  }
 else
  {
  alert("Toss has been done once.\nPlease REFRESH this page for
repeating the process of toss.")
  }
 }

This JS is a part of a function, which is invoked by onClick event of a
button. It must replace a single pixeled spacer image with a large image
of a coin. But it is not doing that way. In NN 4.77 and NN 4.79 an error
occurs saying "rut is not defined". rut is id of a div tag.
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/