[thelist] Moving a MySQL Database

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Mar 5 06:53:00 CST 2002

>  Alternatively, get MySQLFront
>  (http://anse.de/mysqlfront/) -- *the* best MySQL GUI
>  available btw -- and just export your tables and data,
>  almost as if you were using MS Excel.

Another excellent alternative to MySQLFront (which I admit I haven't
tried) is Mascon (http://www.scibit.com). You can dump your tables
and data as SQL exports and/or directly from one database to another.
I do this all the time as a backup backup. (daily backups where my
server does it weekly). Almost as if you were using Access, actually.
Looking at MySQLFront I see it has an advantage: Free vs app. $49 US.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com