[thelist] Another question about Dreamweaver 4

Olly gnarly at punkass.com
Tue Mar 5 07:09:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com>
Subject: [thelist] Another question about Dreamweaver 4

> None of them contain any DOCTYPE!. I want to add DOCTYPE! to all of them
> in a single leap. How can I do this using Dreamweaver 4?

Either create pages using a template, or insert it as a library item into
each of the pages (so that when you change it on one page, it changes for
all pages created attached to that template or contaonong that library
item). Or you could so a find/replace across the entire site.

> Dreamweaver 4 does not add DOCTYPE! by default. How can I set
> Dreamweaver 4 to add DOCTYPE! by default?

I believe you can edit the default template by editing something in
Dreamweaver's configuration folder. No doubt someone will be along to tell
you what exactly shortly. If not i'm pretty sure its in the archives
somehwere.

HTH,

Olly.