[thelist] developer ethics?

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Tue Mar 5 13:12:00 CST 2002

I had a very similar encounter recently.  A friend of mine who worked for a
government agency that had hired a firm to design and code their website.
He sent me the link while the firm was waiting for final sign-off and wanted
my comments.  The code had some issues, which I brought up.  Some of the
issues were specified in the contract, most notably accessibility.  Others,
such as the use deprecated tags, were not.

After hearing my comments, the government agency decided on having an
outside consultant help determine the relevant contractual obligations any
new web code must adhere to, as well as have that consultant verify they got
what they were promised upon completion.

---
Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com