[thelist] returning the equiv. of rs.RecordCount...

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Mar 5 13:17:01 CST 2002

On Mar 5, Chris Blessing had something to say about [thelist] returning the...

>That's what I'm trying to do anyhow; up until now I've had all my sql
>statements that I need a RecordCount for executing from within the ASP page
>itself, as opposed to being a stored procedure in SQL server.
>
>Any ideas on how to get a recordcount AND a recordset returned from an sp?
>Usually I do something like this with stored procs:
>
>set rs = conn.execute("usp_mysp [params...]")

I believe, to do this, you're going to have to use output
parameters... which means you can't do what you want with the syntax
above. You're going to have to use the Parameters collection.

However, is there a reason you can't do rs.recordcount ? Is the cursor
used with this method incompatible?

I guess you could always tack the count onto your recordset if you want,
using a subquery or union.

hth,

--
mattwarden