[thelist] quick videoconferencing solution

JCanfield at magisnetworks.com JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue Mar 5 14:19:01 CST 2002

Need a quick and simple videoconferencing solution (otherwise we'll just do
regular teleconference.) I have a couple days to make it happen, or decide
to downgrade to teleconference.

Fast PCs with fast internet connections on both ends; both ends in the
continental US. I have no experience with videoconferencing, but totally
comfortable with PC software and hardware.

Would an out-of-the-box PC camera on both ends, using NetMeeting, do a
passable job? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks, gang.

Joel D Canfield
Applications Manager
Magis Networks, Inc.