[thelist] Apache vhosts across mac/pc lan

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Tue Mar 5 20:06:01 CST 2002

> > NameVirtualhost localhost
>
> That wants to be NameVirtualhost *
>
> Your Apache machine is only localhost or 127.0.0.1 to
> itself, so binding to that address won't work for anyone
> else.

Right, I figured as much. When I replace localhost with *, I get config
errors about my virtual hosts overlapping. I *think* I need to set up IP
based, as opposed to name based, vhosts -- but I just don't "get it" in
terms of the specifics of what I need to do.

I'm thinking that as a possible alternative maybe a re-write rule in an
.htaccess file in each client project directory might be simpler to re-map /
root relative links to the client project directory. Possible?

Thanks,

Bob

Regards,
Bob Haroche