[thelist] Storing Credit Card Info on a Server Securely, How?

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Wed Mar 6 07:10:01 CST 2002

I want to accept credit cards via a form in an Apache/PHP environment.
Obviously, I want to be able to ensure that the credit card information is
stored securely.  I image that I need to secure the form post, encrypt the
data and write it to a file on the server, retrieve it, and unencrypt it.
Would that work, and if so how can I do it?

Thanks,
Josh