[thelist] Hiermenus is licensed now?

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Wed Mar 6 09:11:01 CST 2002

Has anyone visited the Hiermenus site recently?
(http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/hiermenus/).  Apparently, it's suddenly
been licensed, and you have to pay for its use.  They're only showing the
non-commercial price on their site - does anyone know what sort of price
they're charging commercial sites.  Also, how are they going to go about
implementing this - is it a case of 'from now on, you must pay' but you're
okay if you're using it before a certain date?  Unlikely I would think,
since you have all the .js code sitting on your h/d and you can just keep
making copies every time a new client comes on board...

My predecessor used HM to implement drop down menus for 2 clients (big >60pp
sites) and if now a. it's illegal to have unpaid for code on the sites or b.
it's going to cost a fortune to pay for it, I can see a few late working
nights ahead of little old me.

Michael Galvin