[thelist] XML file sizes in Flash5

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Mar 6 16:12:00 CST 2002

At 7:10 PM 3/5/2, aardvark wrote:
> will these all work for users with Flash4 and Flash5 players?

Not the older Players... although the Macromedia Flash Player 4 did have a
scripting engine, it wasn't as extensive or as ECMAScript-based as that in
the Macromedia Flash Player 5 and above.

(In December of last year MediaMetrix found that over 85% of consumers
tested could immediately view Flash 5 content, and by now I suspect the
rearguard faction is less than 10%.)

jd