[thelist] developer ethics?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Mar 7 10:48:01 CST 2002

<snip>
I teach web design as part of the graphic design ...
<and snip>
...the whole semester is geared toward working on parts of a working site
<and snip>
i.e.-write the code for this problem ...
</snip>

This is where multiple levels come in. For instance, the following
'elements' are mentioned in your e-mail;

graphic design
web design
code (scripting and markup languages, which also exist at multiple levels)

So we, as developers, bring multiple disciplines to the table. Each would
have to be acounted for in both relevant testing (note the use of the word
'relevant', the testing must be able to prove more than the capability to
guess at a multiple choice level) and examples in a real-world situation
(either previously performed sites or some other method).

Jay
--
[ winmail.dat was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]