[thelist] IE6 / page loading

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Mar 7 13:11:00 CST 2002

About two weeks ago I posted about a problem I was seeing in IE6 where
the page would return the 'friendly' error page instead of the HTML.
This page worked perfectly fine in both Netscape and Mozilla. I reworked
the problem line and it started working fine.

Till today. ;)

First off - the problem now is that the action page for the form just
doesn't load. Ie, I'm on index.cfm, click submit, I'm supposed to go to
results.cfm. I see the browser churn for a few seconds, then it just
stops. I'm still on index.cfm. I don't see a script error or anything
like that. It's almost as if the browser said, "nah, I don't want to go
there."

Again, I checked Netscape - no problems.

I then commented out a few lines in the script. It started working. I
then uncommented a few lines - and it still worked. So I started
uncommenting more lines to try to find the exact line causing the
issuse. I got down to 2 lines being commented out. I uncommented line 1.
Whammo. Page wouldn't load. Just to be anal, I commented it out again -
and.... guess what, the page still wouldn't load. So what had worked
just stopped.

So... does this sound familiar to anyone? Why in the heck is my browser
being so anal. If it has a problem with the HTML, it should say as much.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus