[thelist] WinXP/JavaScript prob

Steve Purkiss Barry.Purkiss at btopenworld.com
Thu Mar 7 13:33:01 CST 2002

> And as jeff pointed out,
> Java and JavaScript are two distinctly different animals -- and, from what
> saw, you don't appear to use any Java on your site.

Nope, did my first project in servlets, started this one using servlets +
JSPs then found out what PHP was and the rest is history!

>     You _can't_ do rollovers on the server, along with most other
> client-side interactivity.

I meant doing the image preloading in PHP - remember seeing something about
it in one of my books.

> You can and _should_ do form validation on the
> server, although it is also good to do form validation on the client to
> prevent unnecessary round trips to the server.

Yes, I should double-up the checking - forgot people can switch it off.
Still, it's the first site I've done from scratch (not the artistic design,
but everything from the photoshop flat downwards), so I've a lot to learn!

> James Aylard

Cheers James