[thelist] WinXP/JavaScript prob

Steve Purkiss Barry.Purkiss at btopenworld.com
Thu Mar 7 19:44:01 CST 2002

> far quicker by dumping Dreamweaver and all it's
> functionality for a while, and hand-coding in Notepad (OK, I use Allaire's
> Homesite 'cos it colour codes JS/Java and HTML).

The rollovers are the only part of the site that isn't hand-coded - which is
why I had problems no doubt!

I've now implemented the code that Jeff pointed me to on his site - thanks
Jeff - although haven't managed to get my head round a page where there's
multiple instances of the same button, therefore the same name for the
image, therefore it doesn't work...

> If you need the all-round
> capabilities of Dreamweaver

No - only used it when I first started the site because I've never had to
take a picture and make it into a fully-functional website before - used to
working with enterprise web applications and a team of people - ah, the
wonders of post-redundancy life!

I tried a few different packages to see what could 'speed up' the work, but
in the end found they all slowed me down. Was going to do the site in JSP,
beans & servlets, but then I happened to pick up a book on PHP and the rest
is history.

> btw, the site looks really nice.

Thanks, I'll let the designer know! :O)

Steve