[thelist] javascript this.submit

George Klingenhoffer georgek at prispop.com
Thu Mar 7 22:25:01 CST 2002

I have a form with a checkbox; when the box is checked or unchecked, I want
the form to submit.  It works fine in the newer browsers but not Netscape
4.  I don't necessarily need for it to work in Netscape but I don't want it
to cause a javascript error

That being said, what's the best way for me to do the following code:

<form....>
Show Only Northwest Artists <input type="checkbox" name="searchnorthwest"
onClick="frm_search.submit();" <%=checknw%>><br>
Show Records: <select name="showrecords" size="1"
onChange="frm_search.submit();">
	<option <%=twentyfiveselected%>>25</option>
	<option <%=fiftyselected%>>50</option>
	<option <%=hundredselected%>>100</option>
</select>
</form>

<tip>
Do you want to absolutely position a menu?  One way to do that is to wrap
everything in a div, position that, then put menu options in their own
divs.  Like so:
</tip>

<tip>
Is a block of content not filling up the entire block you described in the
CSS?  I think it's a bug.  Try putting a border around it:
Netscape: style="border-color:#000000;border-width:1px;"
IE, etc: style="border:1px solid #000000;"
</tip