[thelist] "Foreign" characters in text mail

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Fri Mar 8 06:30:10 CST 2002

Fair points Cristian. The mailout we are doing is sent using Jmail - my
mails to the list are sent from Outlook, which we use on the desktop at our
company. Having experimented a little with the mails we are sending I've
found some further information...

The relevant mail headers show that we are sending using charset ISO-8859-1

The customer is apparently using Outlook on Windows to read her mail!

It's highly mystifying, because we do not see the same problem. Is there
anything else we should be aware of, possibly in her local setup, or
something to do with her webserver which could cause such problems?

.steve