[thelist] automatic website thumbnail generation

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Fri Mar 8 07:16:01 CST 2002

If you're running a Linux-based web server, you can do some cool things
with the convert command-line utility. I had a Perl script back at NASA
that would take a folder of images and make a batch of thumbnails in a
jiffy.

I think the convert utility is a part of the standard Image Magick app.

Alan

:: however, it seems that this may have to be repeated quite a
:: few times,
:: and i wouldn't like to have to go through hundreds of
:: websites, getting
:: screenshots and reducing in size each time.
::
:: does anybody know of any software that can do this for me?