[thelist] Free Tip - Windows 2k Explorer Default View

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Mar 8 07:57:01 CST 2002

<tip type="Windows 2k Explorer Default View" author="Joshua Olson">
One thing I really dislike moving between folders and having the display
jump between the five different views (Large Icons, Small Icons, List,
Details, and Thumbnails).  Moreover, I dislike having to make the Name
column wider when I change back to Details View.

But, there is a way to make Win 2k open every folder the same on your
machine.  Visit a folder and set it into the mode you want, and if
necessary, set the column width just the way you want.  Then go to
tools->Folder Options...

On  the second tab (View), you will find a button at the top labeled "Like
Current Folder".  Click it.  Respond with a "Yes" on the dialog, and wolah!
Every folder looks like the one you set up.
</tip>