[thelist] Tricking the Search Engines

Aaron Johnson ajlist at mindseye.com
Fri Mar 8 10:58:01 CST 2002

Hey Josh,

Others have replied to the ".cfm & .asp are harder to get searched."...

FYI you could/can have ColdFusion & ASP parse .htm or.html files on IIS.
I'm not sure how you do this on Apache, although I'd be interested to
know.  On IIS:

start --> programs --> wherever Internet Service Manager is -->
yourwebsite.com (right click) --> properties --> home directory -->
configuration --> add .html or .html as an application mapping and point
that extension to the asp.dll (for asp) or the iscf.dll (for CF).  Then
rename your .asp or .cfm pages as .htm or .html and you'll have .htm or
.html pages parsed by the appropriate app server.

HTH

AJ