[thelist] Home Networking through a single Satellite Connection

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Fri Mar 8 16:11:00 CST 2002

Hi Tuyen,

If you have two-way service, using a cable/dsl router should work.

These routers rely on an external device to provide connection to the internet,
such as a cable modem or DSL modem (or in your case, the direcway terminal:

http://www.hns.com/products/direcway_terminals/dw1000/specifications.htm
http://www.hns.com/products/direcway_terminals/dw1000/specifications.htm

Notice they both have RJ-45 interfaces; you just hook your router into that and
you should be golden*.

*This is all theoretical.  You will want to do some more checking, or run this
by the people at DirecWay first, but I'm fairly certain this is accurrate).

Take Care,

Seth