[thelist] IIS won't start

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Mar 10 22:40:16 CST 2002

At 12:42 PM 3/10/2002, Peter Kaulback wrote:
>I have IIS 5 installed on win2k for testing a clients site.  Last night
>there was alot of power disruptions but I think my UPS handled it
>all.  However this morning  IIS won't start, the web publishing service is
>always starting which hangs everything.  I've run the repair console but
>nothing works.  Is there any way out of this besides reinstalling IIS or
>win2k?

Run "WinMSD" and see what is hanging. There is an option Software
Environments : Services, that shows the status of all programs that run as
a service. Anything that is "hung" is listed as "waiting or pending". There
maybe another application that is hanging, which is causing IIS to hang.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys