[thelist] semi-transparent image with fireworks??

kris burford [midtempo] kris at midtempo.net
Mon Mar 11 06:32:01 CST 2002

--

>hi, am tearing my hair out with this one. i need to
>export a gif file which is semi transparent in white.
>(i mean it is white with 50% transparency).
>
>how do i export this? when i export it with index or
>alpha transparency, it either exports as completely
>transparent, or completely white!!

hi erik,

as probably several other people are writing at the moment: you can't use
partially transparent layers.

the only method to achieve this is to do a tile with alternate pixels
white/transparent. i have found that you'll need to have a tile with
minimum size 8x8px - otherwise some browsers do funny things...

regards

kris
--

---