[thelist] setting up "localhost"

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Mar 11 08:06:00 CST 2002

Ben,

> > I use Broadband connection and I see that the IP address I get is not
> dedicated. When I do IPCONFIG I see some 192.168... kind of adress which
> seems to suggest that I do not have a unique IP address from my ISP.

i have dsl and a router. The router will tell me my IP (ipconfig gives me a
192.168... loacal address like it does for you.)

the router will tell me my true IP, and has a setting that will route a port
80 request to an ip on the local network (192.168...). then i setup the
local machine to serve up the local website to its 192.168... address.

follow?

(.jeff i just got it going last night, IM me and I'll let you in to see my
new site ;-)  )

morgan