[thelist] Outlook 2000 Problem

Ron Klegman rklegman at comcast.net
Tue Mar 12 07:22:01 CST 2002

Hi All,
    I have a problem that just started the other day. I am running Outlook
2000 on my laptop.  The other day while in use my laptop gave me that loving
message "low on memory" and told me to shutdown some programs. After doing
this and rebooting my laptop which is running Windows 98SE .. I went to fire
up Outlook 2000 again and suddenly not only does it take forever for it to
come up but now I am getting the message as it tries to execute "Outlook has
caused an Illegal Error and will now shutdown".  I rebooted and made some
room in case space was an issue but the post office was only 50megs and I
have over 1.3 gigs of space .. so to be sure I cleared more out. Now I have
about 2 gigs free and still getting the same error. I looked on the net for
a resolution. The only thing I found so far was about dbx files having a
read only attribute (I checked - not the issue). I uninstalled Office 2000
and reinstalled it. The post office is still there and after the
reinstallation I am still having the exact same problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Ron Klegman