[thelist] Outlook 2000 Problem

Vic Wooten vicwooten at eaglewebservices.com
Tue Mar 12 09:09:00 CST 2002

Hummm.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Klegman" <rklegman at comcast.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: [thelist] Outlook 2000 Problem

> I did see an issue online that states it is possible for the swap file to
be
> corrup.. wondering if that could apply to me.

That is a distinct possiblity that I had forgotten about.

Reboot to DOS (F8 until the DOS menu comes up, and select Command Prompt
Only)

CD to C:\Windows. Delete win386.swp. Before you do this though, it is
advisable to run a full scandisk, and probably Defrag.

After you delete the swap file (win386.swp), reboot. Windows will rebuild a
clean swapfile. I've had to do this more than a few times. Sometimes it
works like a charm.

Let me know.

Vic

> Not using screensavers on my laptop.