[thelist] Re: AOL switiching to Netscape

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Mar 12 13:23:04 CST 2002

> OK, it finally made the *public* news wires.
>
>  From Toronto Star, 03/12/02, Business Section:
>
> "AOL tests Netscape"
> "AOL Time Warner is testing a version of the Netscape Internet browser
> in its CompuServe service, a sign that AmericaOnline may drop Microsoft
> Corp.'s competing Internet Explorer as the primary way 33 million AOL
> users view Web pages.

[snip snip]

not trying to extend this into eternity or anything, but that is still
speculation.

just because they're testing it, doesn't mean they'll implement it.
and, it clearly says they're still only testing it in compuserve, which has
long been aol's red-headed step-child.

for all we know, some investors wanted to know where that $9 billion dollars
went, so time warner set up an R&D team to generate some paper.
(complete_and_total_speculation_keep_arrows_in_quivers_please)

i try all sorts of new ideas all the time, 75% of which go up in flames.

not trying to rant or flame, just trying to keep our feet on the ground.

;-)

morgan