[thelist] Customizing IE 5.5

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 03:15:01 CST 2002

>Hello Experts,
>Is it possible to customize Internet Explorer 5.5 in such
>a way that it
>can disconnect from internet automatically after
>downloading large files
>(having size of several MB)?

You probab;y would benefit from a download manager like Gozilla:

http://www.gozilla.com

Which I believe allows the connection to drop when downloads have
finished.

There are issues with some files and servers using a download
manager, but on the whole I think they help more than they hinder.

There is a free (ad supported) version of Gozilla at the url above
or do a search on google for download managers.

HTH