[thelist] CSS Question

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Mar 13 08:21:01 CST 2002

They don't use that because the stylesheet uses CSS2. If you use @import,
then browsers that do not support CSS2 will not load the stylesheet.

The *idea* behind it (afaik) is that if people are using browsers that don't
support CSS2 then they might as well receive the unformatted page layout.
After all, if it's information people are after then it's all contained
there in the basic layout.

Ermm, please note I'm not making a value judgement about whether this is a
good / bad approach, just explaining what I perceive to be the reasoning.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org

<SNIP>

> Why not use this?
>
> <link rel="text/css" href="layout1.css">

<SNIP>