[thelist] Apache Server Question

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Mar 13 13:26:00 CST 2002

At 02:16 PM 3/13/02, Bob Fowler wrote:
 >> I just set up a Linux box running Apache and when I go to the index page I
 >> get something other than English on the local Apache home page like;
 >>
 >> ¦]¬°ºô¯¸ºÞ²zªÌ¤w¸g§ó§ï³o­Óºô¯¸ªº³]©w¡C ­Y¦³°ÝÃD, ½Ð»P
 >> ºûÅ@³o­Ó¦øªA¾¹ªº¤H­ûÁpµ¸¡C Apache
 >> ³nÅé°òª÷·|¡A¤]´N¬O¶}µo³o®M³nÅ骺³æ¦ì¡A»P¦¹ºô¯¸¨ÃµL¥ô¦óÃö«Y
 >>
 >> any clues?
 >
 >Apache will automatically detect the browser language, and serve up the

Right, it's called Content Negotiation. You
can read a blurbage or two about it here:

   http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2001/12/07/apache.html

At this point, you can either "fix" your browser, or simply remove
the language pages that you don't want from Apache's DocumentRoot.

--
Morbus Iff ( i'm the droid you're looking for )
Tech: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779 - articles and weblog