[thelist] word to pdf?

Vic Wooten vicwooten at eaglewebservices.com
Thu Mar 14 10:27:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike King" <mike.king at redroom.co.uk>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 10:42 AM
Subject: RE: [thelist] word to pdf?

> At 12:39 14/03/02 +1100, viveka said:
>
> >I don't actually *have* Word; I eschew all MS products except for IE,
> >which I need for development. Any time anyone sends me a Word file, I
> >convert it to PDF to read it. Here's how:
>
> Seems a touch exessive...
> Why don't you use something that can view word files?
> OpenOffice is a good replacement for the std parts of MS Office. You can
> also print to the PDFDistiller or Writer from within it.

Also, Microsoft Word Viewer is a free download..somewhat large (appx 2.26
megs for Word 97, or 2000!).

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/default.aspx?Product=Word&Version=95|9
7|98|2000|2002&Type=Converter|Viewer

(Watch line wrap on the URL!)

Another excellent alternative to Micro$ Office, is Suns "Star Office".....

http://www.sun.com/download/

Definately not for dialup user download though....6.0 beta weighs in at 95.6
megs!

Vic