[thelist] PHP/Oracle Connect Problems....

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Thu Mar 14 13:39:11 CST 2002

Hi Dean | Chris,

I had a similar-sounding problem yesterday.  I could get into Oracle via
SQL+ and/or the Oracle ODBC Test utility (and several other
applications) but not with an ASP connection string.

My IM buddy sent me a new tnsnames.ora file anyway and had me load it in
C:\ORANT\NET80\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora as well as
C:\ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora.

They mumbled something about global and local names files that I didn't
quite get -- (Dean may know) -- but it worked.

HTH,

RonL.