[thelist] MSHTML tutorial or examples

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 14 22:15:00 CST 2002

> From: Keith <cache at dowebscentral.com>
>
> >We have built a editor using the MSHTML editor it's available here:
> >http://www.cfdev.com/activedit
>
> Thanks Pete. That's exactly what I was hoping to find. Looks like it's
> quite a good editor!  I'm amazed that the core technology has been
> available since IE4 and yet virtually unused??

actually, my company uses it in our content management system... lots of
companies use it...

however, it is *far* from ideal... look at the source code... no quoted attributes,
upper-case tags, munged code structure, etc...

it's unacceptable for valid HTML and unusable for XHTML...

activedit control is also far from ideal... it kept asking me for my Word2000
install CD, many of the features take forever to run (like inserting a hyperlink --
took 25sec. on a P4-1.4Ghz w/ 256M RAM)... it's actually a lot of
*completely* unnecessary bloat...

just be aware that there are others out there, or you could write your own that
also uses the HTML edit control...