[thelist] MSHTML tutorial or examples

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 06:08:01 CST 2002

> From: "Pete Freitag" <pf at cfdev.com>
>
> Keith, I am amazed as well with the features that have been there
> since IE4. ActivEdit is also I *think* the only wysiwyg editor for
> sale that that works on IE4, most of them require IE5.

the MSHTML control has changed in versions 4, 5, 5.5, and 6...

each version of IE has a slightly different version of the control, meaning to
keep development and support costs down, many other organizations will only
support a specific version of the MSHTML control...

ActiveEdit uses an embedded ActiveX control to get around that...

the trade-off for each case has value depending on the audience and the
project...