[thelist] RE: Trouble in COM land!

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Fri Mar 15 10:42:00 CST 2002

Thanks to all who helped me on this topic.  I've discovered an even easier
way to debug components -- just create a normal VB app and use a form to
test your functions/etc.  Then copy/paste into an ActiveX DLL class and
build the final dll.  This way you avoid the dll locking problem created by
IIS and you get to take advantage of the VB IDE debugging features!  Not
sure how this works if you plan on utilizing the ASP Objects component, but
none-the-less it should make COM debugging a bit easier.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net