[thelist] Dreamweaver bitchfest

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Sat Mar 16 13:04:01 CST 2002

>    | 1. everything's been done with absolute positioning,
>    | using div tags. That means the order in which things
>

>DW does not do anything with DIVs, I wonder what gives you
>that idea. It is perhaps an incompetent HTML coder who
>smooshed everything into DIVs before you got the pages to clean up.

Great new article at evolt.org addresses what seems to be the issue here -
someone using DW's CSS-instead-of-tables layout incorrectly.

http://evolt.org/article/The_Wrong_Way_to_Use_CSS_in_Page_Layouts/20/22547/i
ndex.html

As aardvark points out in the section "How did you fix this?" it's a
search-and-replace issue. With a regular-expressions-aware text editor,
it'll be a chore, but not impossible.

joel