[thelist] real men code by hand...

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Sat Mar 16 18:36:01 CST 2002

Nick Wilson wrote:

>Personally I feel that coding by hand offers more control and a greater
>degree of satisfaction but I'd be interested to hear the groups opinion
>on thes.....

Oooh this could be fun :)

I code by hand personally. It's pretty much essential if you work with
server side scripting languages like PHP (how are you going to write a
program that dynamically generates HTML if you can't generate HTML
yourself?) - also I have yet to see a WYSIWYG editor that generates
decent standards compliant code. That said I've not used the latest
version of DreamWeaver but then I'm quite happy without it.