[thelist] real men code by hand...

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Mar 16 19:47:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Wilson" <nick at explodingnet.com>
Yes, it's an inflamatory remark.
I do not desclude women, it's just an 'attention grabbing' title.

I'd be interested to start a thread on the virtues and vices regarding
our coding preferences.

Personally I feel that coding by hand offers more control and a greater
degree of satisfaction but I'd be interested to hear the groups opinion
on thes.....

Hi,
If you want to make a professional impression, you have to use the right
tools for the job.
Customers should be able to see that you can afford top-notch software like
Dreamweaver or Flash, and that you have achieved the correct certification,
which proves you are a real web-developer.
Using these tools is also proof for your customers that their website is
coded to the highest standards, and hasn't been messed around with by people
who can't afford real web-development-software, and think that they know
everything better.
Your best bet is to stick with well-known companies, then you can put their
logos on your website, which always makes a good impression.

Richard.

<tip>
Remember that in US only 8% or so have broadband internet access.
Testing your site with a modem is still a real necessity!
</tip>