[thelist] real men code by hand...

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Sat Mar 16 20:59:00 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Richard Bennett wrote:

> >yeah, you're kidding.... right?
>
> Guys, I am so sorry - I let my English sense of humor get the better of me,
> and took the bait offered by Nick.
> I understand now that in this multi-cultural and multi-lingual forum, some
> people might have missed the irony in my little joke.

Phew.  I feel silly for taking the baited bait, but was probably going to
say those things sooner or later in this thread anyway.

Don't feel bad that we didn't get the joke.

<tip type="Lightening up after a hard day's work" author="Ben Henick">

There is little work-related stress that - for us USian and Canadian
Webniks - cannot be cured with regular doses of bottled Guiness and home
screening of "Monty Python's Meaning of Life" (which captures perfectly
the insanity we deal with in the course of working).

"Life of Brian" is also quite good for the cinematic portion of this
course of treatment.

"Office Space" while full of the same rich irony may well carry
side-effects of strong bitterness... which is under the circumstances
redundant.  That's what the beer is for.

</tip>

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."