[thelist] Site check www.twitchen.co.uk/trial02/

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 09:41:02 CST 2002

  I have been working on a redesign for a client.  I did the orginal
  website as well, and the client has been awarded some grant money to
  refresh their site.  The client (ultimately) would like a site that
  is going to last 3 or 4 years..... Whether that is realistic or not
  is debateable, but I believe it should be as backwards compatible as
  it is forwards (if that makes sense)

  The layout has been designed by a graphic designer.  My job is to
  make it work as a website.

  The trouble is I have been told the site must use frames, I don't
  want to use frames.  But me saying "I don't like frames" is not
  enough of a reason not to use them.  Which is fair enough.

  Basically I need some ammo for being able to persuade those that
  need persuading that using frames is totally wrong for this site.

  But my gut feeling could be totally wrong, maybe frames are ok
  (personally I don't think so) I can see so many problems with this
  layout its unreal!  Especially at 640 x 480 in any browser.

  The only links that work at the moment are Home & Food.  As for now
  we just wanted to get a 'model' to work from.

  All comments are welcomed, be as harsh or as kind as you like.

  The redesign is: http://www.twitchen.co.uk/trial02/
  the original site is: http://www.twitchen.co.uk/

--
tia