[thelist] site check

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Mon Mar 18 10:05:00 CST 2002

Extremely well designed!

I do have some comments...

-flash for content isn't a good idea... many issues surrounding this but if
you must...

http://www.flazoom.com/usability/

-Logo in the right corner (defying conventional left where users expect to
see it). it is also difficult on my mac IE5.0/800x600 to make out the words
"annual convention". - the number one message that users should get when
they come to your site is the site's identity and thus value to them -Should
be unquestionable for them.

-From the main page the link under "partner for life"- the whole line should
be active not just the last word... arrow should point down...er no?

- I would say you should do what you can to get the site to validate
http://validator.w3.org/ - but since the site is temporary maybe forward
compatibility isn't an issue for you, any idea on the site's life cycle?

here are some resources...

http://www.nypl.org/styleguide/xhtml/benefits.html

http://www.webstandards.org/edu_faq.html#p3

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp *

*note the % of users with javascript turned off.

- you should  DEFINITELY provide alternative content for non flash users -
if the moock script does that... great. You might want to clear up some of
that html by putting the javascript in external docs, -might make it easier
for you to manage the code and avoid redundancy (ie: your mouseover code).

All in all visually it's a really nicely laid out site, I'd certainly be
proud of it.

Hope the bits above are helpful

cheers!
Adam.