[thelist] ASP passing value to javascript for loop

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Mar 18 13:50:01 CST 2002

At 11:38 AM 3/18/2002, Gary Swanson wrote:
>I am trying to pass a value to javascript from an ASP page and am stuck.
>I have passed the value within the ASP by creating a hidden input field with
>the value assigned to it.

When you buld the JS code have ASP set the value of the loop for you:

response.write "for (i=1; i < " & ASPVariableHere & "; i++) {" & vbCRLF

or

for (i=1; i < <%=ASPVariableHere%>; i++) {

--
Anthony Baratta
President