[thelist] Automatically clicking submit button?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Tue Mar 19 10:17:09 CST 2002

Why even bother displaying the button?  Omit the button and put this code
after the </FORM> in the page:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
	document.myFormName.submit();
</SCRIPT>

This will submit the form for you, since I assume you're laying out a
<FORM>...</FORM> with a bunch of hidden elements.

You'll need to give your form a NAME= attribute, like <FORM
NAME="myFormName">.  This can be a clumsy method of data persistence, but it
works. =)  While the page is displayed on the user's screen, you may have
some text that says "Processing information, please wait.".  More than
likely they wouldn't even see it though.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net